Global Ageing Leadership Retreat
Date: 17-18 September 2017 | Registration Fee: 450.00 CHF
Place: Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic, Avenue des Alpes 45, CH.1820 Montreux
The Global Ageing Leadership Retreat is a professional development opportunity for worldwide leaders in aged care and is designed to:
- Enhance leadership skills by exploring the theory and practice of leadership in the context of an ageing world
- Provide a growth and development experience to inspire and prepare leaders of today and tomorrow
Emerging leaders and seasoned professionals of aged care organizations come together to learn together from other experienced leaders in the field. Participants come away with skills, insights, ideas and confidence in providing leadership in times of change and innovation. They gain a global peer network that is sustained well beyond the retreat experience.
The retreat includes facilitator teaching, conversations with visionary leaders, team exercises, readings, films and participatory discussions enriched by participants’ diverse perspectives.
The Leadership Retreat is a two-day, immersive learning experience designed to enhance the leadership capacities of professionals who have dedicated their careers to the field of ageing.
- Through a variety of high engagement learning methods, participants will broaden their leadership knowledge and perspectives to grow their own leadership skills and core competencies so they can lead their organizations with greater purpose and clarity.
- Interacting with transformational leaders within the field whose work has fueled industry advancements, attendees will be exposed to diverse perspectives to foster deeper understanding of the issues facing providers.
- Engaging in introspective reflections of personal leadership and learning styles, participants will enrich their own self-awareness while building relationships that provide guidance and support for their leadership journey.
Wendy Green and Jeremy Neely have collaborated for nearly a decade to create meaningful learning experiences that foster leadership development grounded in self-reflection and broadened perspectives. Wendy serves as Managing Vice President of Leadership Development at LeadingAge in Washington, D.C.; Jeremy serves as Vice President, Northeast Region at Acts Retirement-Life Communities.
Leadership Retreat Agenda
(Subject to modification)
September 17, 2017
|08:30 – 09:30||Light morning refreshments & program introduction: Welcome, check-in, introductions, retreat background|
|09:30 – 12:00||Foundations of leadership: Self-reflection through exercises, film, and introspective conversation|
|12:00 – 13:00||Lunch with featured speaker|
|13:00 – 16:30||Expand your perspective: Leadership tools and strategies that promote adaptive leadership|
|16:30 – 17:30||Informal Networking reception (spouses & partners welcome)|
September 18, 2017
|08:30 – 11:00||Light morning refreshments and table conversations with seasoned leaders|
|11:00 – 14:30||Leveraging leadership theories through practical application (Lunch served)|
|14:30 – 16:00||Graduation & check-out|
|This event will be held in English and is not translated. Please register when registering online for the conference.|